SO15 - CS&D - Regional Change Support Officer - Band D
Job Title: SO15 - CS&D - Regional Change Support Officer
Salary: £30,294 to £32,552 plus an allowance of £1,639. You will receive £30,294 the band minimum. Progress to the band maximum of £32,552 will be via incremental progression
Location: West Brompton
Working within a specialist operations unit known as SO15, the Regional Change Support Officer (RCSO) will be responsible for providing support to the SO15 Change Co-ordinator and SO15 Change Managers for the successful management and implementation of change affecting Counter Terrorism (CT) Policing in London.
The post holder will be required to do the following:
- Support for the implementation of national CT Change Projects and Programmes within SO15. Specifically responsible for supporting the Change Co-ordinator & Manager with specific elements of business change as directed. For example, Completion of Regional Heat Map, engagement activities, etc.
- Support the delivery of changes within the National CTP Change Portfolio that can be managed regionally, i.e., centrally defined but project managed and delivered by resources within SO15. Specifically, the RCSO will be responsible for the maintenance of specific project management products; project plans; risk and issue registers - tracking and monitoring updates; managing escalations and managing effective change control as directed.
- Supporting with the delivery of regionally defined change/continuous improvement initiatives included in the CTU Business Plan
- Supporting the implementation of the MPS Transformation directorate initiatives impacting SO15 as required, liaising with the local project team to ensure that impacts are correctly identified and managed, business change identified and planned for and that staff are engaged and ready for the changes.
The RCSO will responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of specific business change and project management products, these include, but are not limited to;
- Change Impact Assessments;
- Completion of Regional Heat Map template;
- Business Readiness Assessments;
- Stakeholder Analysis and Engagement Plans;
- Project Initiation Documents;
- Project Plans;
- Benefits Registers – tracking and monitoring updates;
- Risk and Issue Registers - tracking and monitoring updates,
- Support the Business Change messaging for SO15.
- Provide administrative support to Change Managers as directed.
The RCSO may also be responsible for managing end to end delivery of specific project work packages as directed by the SO15 Change Co-ordinator or Change Manager.
The RCSO role forms part of the wider national Counter Terrorism Policing (CTP) Change Team and as such has a dotted line through to the Professional Lead for Change Management (via their line management), the CTPHQ Business Change and Benefits Realisation Manager. He/she will therefore be able to seek professional guidance from change management specialists within the CTPHQ Portfolio Management Office (PfMO) and must ensure adherence to programme / project management processes and standards as defined by the PfMO.
Please click on the below link to view an online candidate information pack that will you give you an insight into the Met, the competency framework we use which shapes our daily work behaviours, the application process and a host of other information, that will help inform and support your application:
Click the apply now button below and start your career at the Met. Applications will be via an online application form.
Completed applications must be submitted by 17/03/2022.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer the Met have committed to ensuring that disabled people and those with long-term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
The post holder must have:
- Ability to analyse and use programme and project management information to support effective decision making.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that reporting and change control products are accurate and contain the necessary information to support effective decision making.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, across all levels including stakeholder engagement skills.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Products.
- Experience of working within a project / business change environment.
- Experience of listening and understanding to the needs and experiences of customers and using these to help develop solutions or interventions to improve performance and achieve organisational outcomes.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of CT Policing is desirable.
- Experience of using Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft 365 products
- AMPG Change Management Foundation or willing to be trained.
- SC Clearance is required for this role
Government Project Delivery Competency Framework:
This role maps to the following two role profiles, which defines training and key result areas to guide performance assessment and professional development.
- Business Change Manager – Level 2
- Project Support Officer – Level 3
Competencies Value Framework
Please evidence the competencies and value(s) from the Competencies and Values Framework (CVF) as per below.
Cluster – Resolute, compassionate and committed
- We are emotionally aware – Level 2
Cluster – Inclusive, enabling and visionary leadership
- We are collaborative – Level 2
Cluster – Intelligent, creative and informed policing
- We analyse critically – Level 2
- We are emotionally aware at level 2
- We are collaborative at level 2
- We analyse critically at level 2
This opportunity is closed to applications.