Digital Forensic Specialist
Job title: Digital Forensic Specialist
Location: Lambeth HQ
Salary: £40,657 to £44,585 plus £2,623 location allowance. You will receive £40,657 the band minimum. Progress to the band maximum of £44,585 will be via incremental progression.
Reports to: Senior Digital Forensic Specialist
Manages: Digital Forensic Technicians
Key Responsibilities -
- Undertake digital forensic examinations including research into novel methods for the extraction and analysis of data from digital electronic devices.
- Work in partnership with Directorate of Forensic Services and DCC managers to develop and deliver change
- Attend court as a witness and be able to offer technical and expert evidence where required
- Ensure compliance with quality management systems, working to ISO 17025 standards
- To work within the Directorate’s Quality Management System and actively participate in the continuous improvement of the system by engaging in audits, competence tests, reporting non-conformances, etc., and suggesting changes to improve the system.
- Work individually and within a team to meet organisational objectives
To apply, please visit our website to download a role-specific information pack, and complete an online application form with supporting CV.
Completed applications must be submitted by 23.55pm 12th September 2019.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
Significant relevant experience within one or more of the following areas:
- Digital Forensics
- Cyber security
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronic systems repair
- IT systems and administration
- Data science and analysis
- Software development
A degree-level qualification in a technology-focused subject, such as Digital Forensics, Computer Science or Cyber Security.
BEng/BSc in a related engineering or technical subject, such as software development, electronic engineering or information systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to systematically undertake research and development projects
- Self-motivated and take responsibility for the work performed by yourself, and by your team.
- Knowledge of current Digital Forensic equipment, tools and techniques, experience using the equipment/tools/techniques used to recover, analyse and process digital data
- Knowledge and understanding of digital devices and systems at a technical level, including modern operating systems and commonly used computing or communications devices.
- Experience in a coding/scripting language e.g. C#.net, Python, Java, C, Objective-C
- Experience in eDiscovery tools and techniques for the analysis of large volumes of digital data.
- Experience in electronics fault-finding, diagnostics and repair.
- Knowledge and experience of either hardware, firmware or software reverse-engineering methods and techniques.
- Full driving license
- Court experience
- Understanding of rules regarding evidence gathering and its presentation at court
- Working knowledge of relevant legal issues (CPIA, PACE and Human Rights Act etc.)
- Knowledge and/or experience of working in a quality management system such as ISO 17025 or ISO 9001.
This opportunity is closed to applications.