Business Change Specialist Lead
Transformation: Business Change
Job title: Business Change Specialist Lead
Location: (Agile Working) Fulham, Westminster and other locations in the MPS Estate.
Responsible to: Head of Business Change
Salary: £46,140 plus location allowance of £2,623
The Transformation Directorate is running a recruitment campaign for the role of Business Change Specialist Lead to work within our Business Change function. This is an opportunity for you to help us achieve our ambition of making London the safest global city in a time of unprecedented change within the UK's largest Police Service. If you have the skills we are looking for, we encourage you to apply!
The Business Change Specialist Lead works with programmes, projects and local teams to build the capability and capacity of the Met to deliver transformational change in a way that minimises disruption to operational delivery, maximises benefits, and focuses on building an agile, innovative, collaborative and empowered culture.
Your role will be to develop and deliver Business Change strategies and plans for transformation projects and programmes, working collaboratively with officers and staff across the transformation portfolio and within the business. This will include working with the team of change specialists to ensure integration of Business Change activities across the portfolio.
As a Business Change Specialist Lead, you will provide leadership across the Change Specialist community including line management and capability building and developmental support for individuals within the team.
Key Responsibilities: (Please see attached JD for a more detailed list of responsibilities):
- Working within a specific project or programme to champion and implement Business Change activities, driving the vision to attain a world-class transformation function
- Provide overall direction and expertise for Business Change within the Met including upskilling officers and staff and providing guidance, sign-posting and good practice support to others
- Work with Business Change Managers within programmes to ensure professional change practices are adopted to a consistent standard and that benefits are delivered
- Ensure delivery of Business Change outputs and deliverables in projects and programmes and ensure integration and consistency of approach across the portfolio
- Maintain a single view of all Business Change activity across the required projects and programmes, aligning plans where necessary
- Share learning across programmes and support other members of the wider change community to build their skills and experience.
- Lead the continuous improvement of the Met’s change approach, providing insights and innovative suggestions on how to improve Business Change success across the portfolio
To apply, please visit our website to download a role-specific information pack, and complete an online application form with supporting CV and Personal Statement.
Please note you will undergo a Competency and Technical interview process
Recruitment is Ongoing for this role
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer the Met have committed to ensuring that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
- Professional qualification in relevant field (e.g. APMG Practitioner or PROSCI) is desirable and / or
- Professional and / or graduate qualifications in business management or similar field, MSP or PRINCE 2 qualification is desirable
- Experience of senior management within a complex change portfolio
- Experience of leading Business Change activities within complex projects / programmes
- Experience of influencing, negotiating with, and providing challenge to director-level stakeholders
- Experience of resolving and escalating risks, issues and conflicts as necessary within a complex change portfolio
- Experience of managing suppliers and contractors, assuring quality and ensuring value for money
- Experience of managing a team, setting a collaborative culture, building capability and creating an environment of continuous learning
- Experience of providing deep technical expertise in Business Change
- Experience of setting standards in Business Change
- Experience of developing organisational capability in Business Change