Digital Forensic Assistant
Job Title: Digital Forensic Assistant
Salary: £24,624 to £26,539 plus £2,623 location allowance. You will receive £24,624 the band minimum. Progress to the band maximum of £26,539 will be via incremental progression.
Location: The DFA posts will initially be based at Lambeth HQ, for a period of roughly 6 months. The posts will then be deployed across London to DCC’s Digital Hubs as operational demand requires. Forensic Services HQ and DCC Central Laboratory is based at Lambeth. There are currently Digital Hubs in Edmonton, Wembley, Ilford, Islington, Croydon, Charing Cross, Lewisham, West Brompton and Kingston. DFAs can be posted anywhere within the MPS.
- Completion of administration duties such as updating outcome logs
- Distribution of retention and archiving emails
- Managing cases that have been sent to forensic service providers
- Liaising with officers regarding submissions and forms required for examination
- Movement and continuity of exhibits
- Completion of audits and updating databases/case management system
- Quality assuring (QA) kiosk examinations completed by trained officers
- Adhering to the Quality Management System
- Keeping records and producing statistics/reports based on kiosk examinations QA’d
- Preparing digital exhibits for examination
- Unlocking and extraction of mobile devices
- Triage of computer exhibits
- Assisting with the training of non-technical staff, including police officers, to operate digital forensic systems
To apply, please visit our website to download a role-specific information pack, and complete an online application form with supporting CV an Personal Statement.
Completed applications must be submitted by 23.55pm 20th August 2019.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
- At least an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage own workload and time management
- Ability to build effective relationships with customers and colleagues
- Flexibility and dynamism
- A broad knowledge of, and interest in, all modern digital technologies with an emphasis on the forensic opportunities offered by their examination
- An understanding of the rules regarding evidence gathering and its presentation at court
- Knowledge of relevant legal powers/procedures/acts (CPIA, PACE and Human Rights Act etc.)
- Driving licence
- Understanding of Law Enforcement and the Criminal Justice System
A CV and personal statement are required. Please ensure your personal statement covers the below points;
- The reason you are applying for this post.
- What skills/qualities you can bring to the role
- Your aptitude in Microsoft Office
- Your background/knowledge of digital devices.
- Confirmation that you will provide a DNA elimination sample for Forensic Services’ elimination database if successful in your application.
Please ensure personal statements are no longer than one side of A4 in font Arial 12.
This opportunity is closed to applications.